Welcome to the GB100J homepage
21st World Scout Jamboree:
A World Scout Jamboree is a get together of tens of thousands of Scouts, age 14 to 17, from all around the world, organized by the World Organization of the Scout Movement. These World Jamborees are generally held every 4 years; this year it is the 21st World Jamboree. To celebrate 100 years of Scouting, the Jamboree will be held in the UK, where Scouting started in 1907 and where the first Jamboree was held in 1920.
World Organization of the Scout Movement
World Scout Jamboree background
World Scout Jamborees History
GB100J is a special Amateur Radio station that will operate from the 21st World Scout Jamboree 2007 camp at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, in the United Kingdom from July 27 till August 7 2007.
The GB prefix is for Special Event Amateur Radio stations in the UK.
The 100 is to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the start of Scouting in 1907.
The J is for the Jamboree.
100 years of scouting:
Scouting began in 1907, with an experimental camp on Brownsea Island
in the UK
for 20 boys from a wide variety of social backgrounds.
Today, Scouting is a million times bigger than when it first
started. It involves girls and boys and men and women from every race, religion
and culture, and nearly every country in the world.
In 2007, Scouting celebrates its worldwide Centenary. This
is an opportunity to promote the values, benefits, and achievements of Scouting
to the world and to enable millions of Scouts around the world to make a real
difference in the lives of others through their Centenary activities.
The single theme for all events and activities for the
Centenary of Scouting and the 21st World Scout Jamboree is: 2007: One World,
World Centenary Activities
History of Scouting
Previous World Jamboree Amateur Radio Stations:
During past World Scout Jamborees (WSJ) the following Amateur Radio stations were active:
* 1957 - 9th WSJ - Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom - Callsign: GB3SP
* 1959 - 10th WSJ - Mt. Makiling, Philippines - Callsign: DU1BSP
* 1963 - 11th WSJ - Marathon, Greece - Callsign: SV1SV
* 1967 - 12th WSJ - Farragut State Park, Idaho, USA - Callsign: K7WSJ
* 1971 - 13th WSJ - Asagiri Heights , Japan - Callsign: 8J1WJ
* 1975 - 14th WSJ - Lillehammer, Norway - Callsign: LC1J
* 1983 - 15th WSJ - Kananaskis County, Canada - Callsign: VE6WSJ
* 1988 - 16th WSJ - Cataract Park, Appin, Australia -Callsign: AX2SWJ
* 1991 - 17th WSJ - Mt. Soraksan National Park, South Korea - Callsign: 6K17WJ
* 1995 - 18th WSJ - Dronten, Flevoland, the Netherlands - Callsign: PA6WSJ
* 1999 - 19th WSJ - Picarquín, Chile – Callsign: XR3J
* 2003 - 20th WSJ - Sattahip, Thailand - Callsign: E20AJ
XR3J / XR3J
E20AJ / E20AJ